Cajun Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Spicy Chipotle Romesco
Serving Size: 4
- 2 small heads cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons of Veggie Season's™ Red Pepper Cajun
- 4 cloves garlic (skin on)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 15oz can fire roasted tomatoes (drained)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lime, juiced (~3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon of Veggie Season's™ Red Pepper Cajun
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 12-15 whole corn tortillas
- Lime juice/wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Sliced Avocado
Preheat oven to 400°F and add cauliflower to 2 large baking sheets. Add oil and Veggie Season’s™ Red Pepper Cajun. Toss to combine and roast on the bottom rack for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
To a separate baking sheet, add raw almonds and the 4 unpeeled garlic cloves. Roast on the center rack for 10-12 minutes or until the almonds have started to brown/crack and the garlic is starting to get golden brown in color. Remove from oven and set aside.
While cauliflower finishes roasting, add drained, fire-roasted tomatoes to a high speed blender along with almonds, roasted garlic (peeled), raw garlic (peeled), oil, lime juice, Veggie Season’s™ Red Pepper Cajun, maple syrup, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
To serve, warm tortillas in the microwave or in the oven directly on the still-warm oven racks until pliable. Then add 1-2 Tbsp of the romesco sauce and a generous portion of cauliflower. Add garnishes to your liking and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker’s Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco.