Red Potato & Kale Hash with Chorizo & Baked Eggs
- 8oz Sliced Chorizo Sausage
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 Scallions, diced
- 1 bunch of kale, separated and roughly chopped
- 6oz Sweet Peppers
- 2 cups red potato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of Veggie Season's™ Sharp Cheddar
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven, then preheat to 450° F. Fill a medium pot ¾ of the way up with salted water. Once boiling add the chopped potatoes. Cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until slightly tender when pierced with a fork. Drain thoroughly.
Cook chorizo in a large oven-safe sauté pan for about 4-6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add the partially cooked red potatoes in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
Add the garlic, scallions, and peppers. Season with 2 teaspoons of Veggie Season’s™ Sharp Cheddar. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened.
Add the chopped kale and olive oil to the pan; season with remaining Veggie Season’s™ Sharp Cheddar. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until the kale is wilted.
Turn off heat. Taste, then season with additional Veggie Season’s™ Sharp Cheddar if desired.
- Create 4 wells throughout the hash. Crack an egg into each well, season with Veggie Season’s™ Sharp Cheddar. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
Remove from the oven. Let stand at least 2 minutes before serving. Enjoy!