Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups cooked macaroni noodles
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2.5 ounces sharp cheddar
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Veggie Season's Parmesan Herb
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 8-10 minutes then remove from pan and set aside.
- Whisk together milk and flour in a sauce pot over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add grated cheddar, garlic, Dijon, nutmeg, salt and cayenne and whisk until cheese is melted. Stir in the steamed cauliflower and yogurt then puree until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Add noodles and check for seasoning before pouring into a casserole baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko, olive oil and Veggie Season's Parmesan Herb.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the noodles then bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping turns golden brown.